Something clever I'll change later

I like fantasy. The end.

Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time, #10)

Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time, #10) - Robert Jordan As seen on Stumptown Books.

Last week I started planning for a Wheel of Time themed Dungeons and Dragons campaign. I got a few friends, most of whom have read at least a few Wheel of Time books, all fired up about the idea. The possibilities of story lines came at me faster than I could write down bullet points; there would be so many awesome things I could do with this world. And having a Dungeon Master who is passionate about the material he or she is working with is the first step to having a successful DnD campaign. If the DM believes it will work, it mostly likely will.

I am obviously a DIE-HARD Wheel of Time fan to be passionate enough about it that I want to spend hours every week writing story lines and acting out characters for the enjoyment of my players.

And yet even I couldn't stand this book. It was that bad.

I never thought I would advise to read chapter summaries instead of reading a book, but I'm doing it. It is more important, to me, that someone continues to read the series than allow any sort of love that might have been slowly growing over the first 9 books to wallow and die in book 10. Unless you blindly love this series even more than I, that is what is going to happen. It is why so many Robert Jordan fans departed the ranks after Crossroads of Twilight. Don't let this happen to you! Read chapter summaries and power through to book 11 (I also recommend skipping New Spring). Hell, you could probably get away with reading the last 10 pages and calling it good.

On the bright side, it's only up from here.

The Dog Stars