Something clever I'll change later

I like fantasy. The end.

The Unraveling (Wool, #4)

Wool 4: The Unraveling - Hugh Howey This review is also available on my blog, Stumptown Books.

Immediately upon finishing it: PURE UNADULTERATED CAPSLOCK AWESOME.

A day later: What amazing characterization. Mr. Howey kills off characters in every story but I never feel like I'm at a loss when he introduces a new one. They immediately fit into the silo society I've come to know, stepping into place because they had always been there, we just didn't know their names. This is the first story with multiple narrators, so it jumps around for each chapter, but he makes it all fit together wonderfully. I loved the addition of Solo, and I hope to see more of him.

I don't want to spoil it but this book is seriously what nightmares are made of. It is terrifying. Not like I was going to go to bed and stop reading, no sir, but after imagining myself in just such a situation, I was practically hyperventilating with worry over the main character.

Great characters, great story, action, and suspense. What more could you want in a 160 page book?!

Awesome addition to the Wool series. I was able to take a break and read some other books in between Wool 1-3 but not this time. There's not a huge cliffhanger, but I immediately picked up Wool 5 and started reading, I simply had to know what happened.

The Dog Stars