Something clever I'll change later

I like fantasy. The end.
The Oracle's Queen - Lynn Flewelling This book was an okay conclusion to what was just an okay series. I felt that there was a lot of unnecessary fluff in every book that only served to bog the story down rather than propel the characters forward, and this book was the most guilty of that. Not that much really happened, even though it was supposed to feel like the climactic ending to a series. Instead, it just fell kind of flat. I mean the big bad baddy of the series died by being pushed out of a window. I mean really?! That's the best you could come up with? At one point a character even says something like "Hm, what an ordinary way to die for someone who was so feared." Yeah, no kidding.

There is an author's note at the end about the evil bowl that has been in the whole series but never played a serious role. She says it figures a major part in her other series, that starts with [b:Luck in the Shadows|74270|Luck in the Shadows (Nightrunner, #1)|Lynn Flewelling|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1345640615s/74270.jpg|2495].

Do I care enough to go to that series? Right now, not really, but maybe at some point in the future.

The Dog Stars