Something clever I'll change later

I like fantasy. The end.
Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James This was written like a young adult novel with sex accidentally thrown in. I'm quite surprised at the reception it's gotten as being so "kinky," because it is actually quite tame, for erotica. No nasty words were ever said except for "fuck" - and I don't think even "penis" or "vagina" were ever said. It's not very sexy sex if all you ever say is "down THERE!" Anyway, no point in reading it unless you are curious about what all the fuss is about. It's not a good story, and it's more insulting than anything else, as well as vaguely disturbing. Bella is a terrible character and women have every right to hate her, and in this novel, although she is called Ana, she's still just as spineless and self-effacing as she was in Twilight. It's even worse though because there's so much sex involved. I'm worried about young women growing up reading this and getting strange ideas about sex and love.

For all the hilarity on the history of this terrible fan fiction, please see The Holy Terror's review.

Reading through all the 5 stars reviews on the first page here at Goodreads is REALLY disturbing. I wish I hadn't done that.

Addendum 08/19/2012:

My friends, I give you breakthrough technology! Behold, the Fifty Shades Generator, satisfying all your erotica needs from a prefabricated text list, all from 50 Shades! What could go wrong?!

The Dog Stars