Something clever I'll change later

I like fantasy. The end.

The Path of Daggers (Wheel of Time, #8)

The Path of Daggers (Wheel of Time, #8) - Robert Jordan As seen on Stumptown Books.

So far this is my least favorite Wheel of Time book. Not only does not very much happen, but even the climax, up until this point always a high, is pretty shrug worthy. All of the important stuff that happens during the climax isn't ACTUALLY revealed to us right away, such as the identities of the perpetrators. That makes it pretty hard to care about what's happening.

The slog of character names is becoming quite the burden. I now have to constantly reference the Wheel of Time wiki and I am always terrified of going there, because they give information for characters up through book 13, Towers of Midnight. I've definitely had an unwary eye a few times and saw something I didn't want to. Still, though, at this point I would be having a hard time getting on without the wiki - there are just SO MANY people. Half of the time, I've forgotten whether we know they are a darkfriend or not, it's so hard to keep track of what is happening.

Blood and ashes, the seafolk women in this book are so groan worthy.

And even with all those characters, my favorite character managed to be on hiatus for this novel. We left Mat with quite the cliffhanger in A Crown of Swords, and we don't even get to know if he's still alive! He is completely absent. That makes me sad.

Don't get me wrong, I still was completely unable to put it down. I ended up binging on the last 50% of the novel and read it all in one day. I felt dizzy after putting it down I was reading so fast. Even though I have less enthusiasm for this installation, I just love the characters and the world SO DAMN MUCH. I'm trying to keep some momentum so I can get through book 10 (widely regarded as the worst book in the series) and read New Spring, which will be completely new territory for me.

The Dog Stars